Dual Credits

Students in their junior and senior years and on a track to graduate may request to take two courses by dual credit to be applied toward graduation requirements.  Students will be allowed a total of two credits per year – two dual credits or one dual credit/one transfer credit.  Students are not allowed to transfer in more than one credit unless one of them is obtained through dual credit. Currently, North Central Texas College, Texas Women’s University and the University of North Texas are the only approved institutions for dual credit.  Only courses listed on the respective college’s Course Equivalencies Guide will be accepted for dual credit.  It is the student’s responsibility to fulfill all prerequisites set forth by NCTC, TWU or UNT for enrollment (i.e., testing, prior coursework, academic standing, etc.) as well as pays all fees required by the respective college.  Courses taken for dual credit will count toward a student’s GPA and appear on the transcript as such.  Letter grades will transfer as follows: A – 97, B – 87, C – 77.


1.  Print Dual Credit Request Form or get from Academic Advisor
2.  Bring form and check for $150 from Academic Advisor
3.  Academic Advisor will give you necessary forms to take to the college to register.